Family Involvement Center is growing and expanding the development of our statewide services and supports. The Statewide Family Network project, which officially launched October 1st, 2015, aims to develop programs and resources as well as a support network of parents, caregivers, youth and young adults who will have opportunities to:
- Provide support to one another
- Develop their leadership skills
- Participate in state planning and policy boards
- Take advantage of distance learning opportunities
All of these opportunities will serve to improve the lives of underserved populations throughout Arizona. In particular, these include families living in rural parts of the state, tribal nations, veterans, members of the LGBTQ community, transition age youth (ages 14 to 21), those in recovery, as well as minority populations. In order to do this, we need your help!
How can you get involved? Be a part of Arizona’s Family Voice!
We offer a free training online to support your journey and growth as a parent leader in our state. Please click the green Parent Leader Training button to introduce yourself and to request access to the course.
We invite parents, caregivers and youth to share their thoughts and ideas on:
1. What support services and programs (for youth and adults) are needed
2. How we can connect with our target populations
3. How to best deliver services and supports to these populations
For questions regarding the Statewide Family Network Grant or becoming a parent leader or to be connected with youth leadership opportunities, please contact Lynette at email@example.com.