Family Facts Overview
National Children's Mental
Health Awareness Week
May 4-10, 2014
The National Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health declares the first full week in May as National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week. This week is dedicated to increasing public awareness about the triumphs and challenges in children’s mental health and emphasizing the importance of family and youth involvement in the children’s mental health movement!
In honor of National Children's Mental Health Awareness Week, Family Involvment Center has scoured the Internet to find facts and pertinent information for our families to understand what is really going on.
We invite you to read the following pages to cover the facts about our community and others just like it around the country. Please see a selection of useful fact sheets, containing information and statistics surrounding children’s mental health awareness. Also fact sheets on fitness and nutrition; which are equally important to a children’s overall health.
- Read some fascinating facts about kids' mental health in the United States.
- Learn more about children's mental health facts and information from the National Federation of Families.
- Check out our tip sheets about the bias & stigma around mental health awareness. English tip sheet & Spanish tip sheet
- Youth ages 5 and up: Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week Activity Workbook
- Why Green?
- See the 2014 CMHA Contest Winners